Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pasta Butterfly Garden by Nanny Gael Ann and her Creative Assistant

Today my creative assistant and two little friends are going to show you how to make this lovely spring craft.

Supplies Needed:
Popsicle sticks (7 for each garden)
pipe cleaner (one for each garden)
farfalle pasta (we found regular and mini size at the local grocery store)
flower/bug stickers
magic markers
craft glue or glue dots
white craft paint (if you wish)
hot glue gun (adults use only)
This just happens to be the brand we found, any brand will work.
I premade the "gardens gates" by hot gluing the popsicles sticks together and attaching a pipe cleaner hanger to the back of the top rail. (older charges could help with this part)


If desired, you (or older charges) can paint the garden white. We decided we liked the look of the bare sticks best.





Then using magic markers my helpers colored the dry pasta.



close up examples of some of our butterflies


Next my helpers stuck flower stickers on the garden gates.
(The package I picked up at the craft store had two sizes of craft foam flowers and ladybugs.)
And using glue dots (or craft glue) they attached their colored pasta butterflies.



Here are their gardens ready to hang up and enjoy!



I couldn't help myself and I made one too!